SERVPRO of Palm Desert Can Handle Any Kind of Storm Damage!
Don't let storm damage get you down! SERVPRO of Palm Desert is here for you 24/7!
I am sure you know that storms can cause horrific damage and come without notice! We have been there to help after Rainstorms that flood the area and Wildfires which can leave horrible smoke damage!
SERVPRO is the number one leader in Disaster Recovery with more than 1,700 franchise locations across the country. In the event of a large storm the Disaster Recovery Team is available to rush in and help. This team consists of franchise locations across the state that have the tools, training and resources to handle the unpredictable.
With the ability to mobilize local command centers, along with the resources of more than 1,700 Franchises nationwide, no disaster is too big. Recent mobilizations of the Catastrophic Storm Response Teams include:
- 2017 California wildfires
- 2017 Hurricane Irma
- 2017 Hurricane Harvey
- 2016 Hurricane Matthew
- 2015 Carolina floods
- 2014 Polar Vortex
- 2012 Sandy
- 2010 Nashville floods
In 2019, a neighboring location in Southern California was getting calls every 5 minutes to help with water/flood damage at both residential and commercial properties. They were able to call in the SERVPRO Storm Team to help them ensure that all of the properties were taken care of and restored as if there wasn’t any water in their buildings!
You don’t have to worry about storm damage to your property! SERVPRO of Palm Desert is here to help! Give us a call 24/7 at (760) 346-7270!
Things That You Should NOT Do After Flooding
Don't let flooding in your home get you down, SERVPRO of Palm Desert is here to help, day or night!
Here are some simple things that you should avoid doing if there is flooding in your home:
- Don't use your television or other household appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if the ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove any water.
- Don't leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors their dyes could transfer to the carpet.
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place, they are the perfect place for molds to grow. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don't leave valuables in the home without letting the technicians note them in your job file.
SERVPRO of Palm Desert will be out quickly to begin removing the water from the places that it shouldn’t be but doing these few things will keep you safe and make the dry out go more quickly.
Does your Commercial Building have Mold?
Some businesses in the Palm Desert area are starting to reopen after being closed for a very long time. The businesses that have been closed for a long period of time could have some mold growth in their commercial building. Businesses are facing the challenge of how to reopen safely for their employees and the general public. A big concern that you might not have thought about is having indoor exposure to mold. Mold brings a lot of potential health effects.
Mold can grow on almost any organic substance, provided moisture and oxygen are present. Some of the causes can be tied to poor air circulation while buildings are shuttered, condensation buildup in air handling systems, and even rooms left dark in hotter months. That is why your business needs to be checked for any mold that might have grown while the building was closed.
With years of experience in mold remediation jobs, our technicians at SERVPRO of Palm Desert are here to help get your business ready to safely open for your employees and the public. Don’t hesitate to call us at (760) 346-7270.
The Dos and Don'ts of Recovering from a Flood
Follow these simple steps to recover from a flood!
Flood damage poses a serious threat to households throughout the Whitewater River area and its tributaries. General winter storms, combining high-intensity rainfall and rapid melting of the mountain snowpack can cause these areas to flood. In the event that your home experiences storm damage, you should be sure to schedule restoration services. A company offering emergency flood damage restoration can help you quickly restore your property to its original condition. Read on for a closer look at the dos and don'ts of flood recovery.
Do: Remove Excess Water
One of the most important actions that you can take in the aftermath of a flood is to remove as much of the water from your home as possible. For example, household mops, towels and other items can be used to soak up excess water from your indoor spaces. You should also be sure to lift water away from your counters, wooden furniture, and other porous belongings.
Do: Ensure Maximum Ventilation
Ventilation is key during a flood recovery procedure. By ensuring that your home is properly ventilated, you will help the water dry up as quickly as possible. Some examples of good ventilation practices include opening windows and turning on fans. Your flood damage repair company can help you better ventilate your home.
Don't: Turn on Household Appliances
Immediately after a flood, it is important to avoid turning on your household appliances. When there is standing water throughout your home, this could create an electrical emergency. By waiting for professional assistance before turning on any fixtures or appliances, you can help to keep yourself and your family safe from harm.
For help with all of your flood damage restoration needs, be sure to contact SERVPRO of Palm Desert. As leading water restoration specialists in the area, we are fully qualified to provide you with a full range of residential restoration services. To schedule a flood damage repair appointment today, give us a call at (909) 878-0302
Prevent Kitchen Fires in your Commercial Kitchen
We at SERVPRO of Palm Desert are here to help with the clean-up!
According to FEMA, on average, a fire in a commercial kitchen will result in an average loss of $23,000. For about 43 percent of those restaurant’s, that fire caused a total loss, forcing the restaurant to shout its doors.
- Tight, cramped kitchens with staff going in and out, combined with open flames, heat and combustible material put commercial kitchens at risk of fires.
- Cooking is the leading cause of non-residential building fires.
The two most common kitchen fires can be avoided with regular cleaning. Those fires are started in/around exhaust hoods and grease traps.
Poorly maintained Exhaust Hoods can turn a minor fire into a raging inferno. Built-up residue on an exhaust system becomes combustible and grease residues can ignite and spread throughout the entire duct system.
When Grease is present in a commercial kitchen it is highly combustible and is an obvious fire hazard. It is one of the most overlooked, but easy to avoid causes of commercial kitchen fires.
Commercial kitchen fires can happen at any time. It is important to be mindful of your cleanliness, processes and equipment on a daily/weekly basis to ensure there is not an obvious hazard staring you in the face. Educate your staff to recognize these hazards and have safety procedures in place. This will help with fire prevention.
You should make sure that all of your staff is adequately trained on how to operate a fire extinguisher to help minimize damage.
If a fire does occur, we at SERVPRO of Palm Desert are here to help with the clean-up!
SERVPRO specializes in Mold Remediation and Restoration in the Palm Desert area.
Our specially trained technicians are here to help you with your mold problems.
Mold does not need much to start forming in your home or business. Mold can start forming due to a little water leak from a pipe or some humidity build up in a bathroom. Once that mold starts forming it can spread as quickly as 48 hours! Here at SERVPRO of Palm Desert, we pride ourselves on how fast we get to the bottom of your mold issue and restore the area "Like it never even happened."
Mold is a very serious thing to deal with because it has the potential to produce allergens, irritants, and other health effects. SERVPRO of Palm Desert will inspect and assess your property before remediating your mold problem. Our SERVPRO technicians have undergone specialized training to ensure the job is done right!
Call us right away at (760) 346-7270, if you smell a “musty” odor or see black spots. The earlier we catch the problem, the simpler it will be to fix.
What To Do If Your House Is Flooded Due To A Storm?
SERVPRO of Palm Desert are experts at recovering from storms!
Storm water can build up and cause flooding around your home. The water can find ways to enter into your house and cause a big mess. If your home starts flooding because due to a storm, you should follow the following six steps to get everything back to the way it was.
- Turn Off the Electricity - Turn off all electrical systems if you can get to your fuse box without walking through water. If you cannot reach the fuse box without walking through water, leave it alone.
- Evacuate the Premises - Locate a shelter that is not in the flooded area. Get everyone relocated to the shelter as soon as possible.
- Call for Help - Once your family members are safe, call for help. If anyone needs medical attention, call 911. No matter what’s going on with the flooded house, the damage has already been done. Your focus must be on you and your loved ones’ well-being. After you’ve verified that everyone is safe and well, you can make calls to the proper parties to get the recovery process underway. Call Your Insurer, make sure to clarify whether you need to wait for an adjuster to visit your home before you begin the cleanup and repair processes.
- Document Everything - Document everything so you can show your insurer the extent of the damage. Use the camera on your cell phone to film or photograph all aspects of the issue. The water that’s flooding your home may include sewage or other hazardous material, so you need to take extreme precautions to not touch it. Before going into the home, suit up with appropriate protective gear, such as waders and waterproof boots.
- Start the Cleanup Process - Cleaning up after a flood is a long, arduous process. You’ll need to remove the water, salvage any personal items you can, dry the space out, and disinfect any areas or objects the water touched.
- Prevent Mold Damage - Mold is a big problem after a flood—and not just the type of mold that you might find in a damp basement. Toxic mold or black mold can have effects on your health. To avoid mold issues, you’ll need to do two things: keep areas that flooded as dry as possible and treat potential problem areas with a strong cleaner, like a bleach solution.
The professionals at SERVPRO of Palm Desert are here to help, give us a call at (760)346-7270.
Why Choose SERVPRO of Palm Desert?
We do all kinds of repairs and cleaning jobs quickly and correctly, to make you happy.
We at SERVPRO of Palm Desert take pride in making people happy. When you call us for a Mold Remediation job, we will complete it to the highest standards possible! When you call us to repair Water Damage to your home, we will make sure that it is done quickly and correctly! When you call us to repair Damage that was done to your commercial building because of a Fire, it will look like the damage was never done! Yes, we make money from doing the job right but because we do the job right we make you happy. That is SERVPRO of Palm Desert’s main goal when doing any job!
So, no matter what the job is; Mold Remediation, repairing Fire/Water/Storm Damage, cleaning your Air Ducts or removing that strange Odor, let SERVPRO of Palm Desert make you happy!
Give us a call at (760) 346-7270 to see how we can help you!
What are Roof Leaks / Damage And How to Prevent Them
Got a water leak due to roof damage, give us a call and we'll make it "Like it never even happened."
We are still in the winter season here in the Palm Desert area. The winter season brings a lot of potential rain. Is your roof ready for it? Not having regular maintenance checks on your roof could cause it to leak resulting in the possibility of your roof becoming damaged which includes mold forming. Here are six tips on how you can prevent that from happening:
- Have regular roof inspections
- Pay attention to flashing on your roof
- Make sure your roof ventilation is clear
- Maintain your gutters
- Keep the trees away from your home
- Replace missing or torn shingles IMMEDIATELY
Getting a professional to inspect your roof can really help prevent your roof from leaking as they can spot signs that your roof is in jeopardy of early damage. If the flashings are not installed properly on your roof around vents or wall/roof junctions, water can leak into your home and cause damage. Ventilation in your attic will help prevent any damage being done to your home because of moisture and mold. Improper ventilation can cause heat and moisture to build up resulting in damage to your insulation, rotting and shingles to buckle. Keeping gutters and downspouts unclogged will prevent water from backing up under the roofing material. Trees should be trimmed and away from your home to help keep the gutters clean. Maintain your roof to prevent any damage to your home.
If you do experience a roof leak, SERVPRO of Palm Desert is always here to help! We will get your roof covered as soon as possible to help prevent any more damage to your home. Give us a call 24/7 at (760)346-7270 we are here to help you!
Top 10 Most Common Causes Of House Fires
SERVPRO Palm Desert will clean up fire, smoke and water damage that was done to your home.
House fires can be very devastating. You can lose your home, valuables, priceless family items and even loved ones. Here are ten of the most common causes of house fires.
- Heating - Keep portable heaters away from anything that could easily catch fire such as furniture, curtains, laundry, clothes and even yourself. If you have a furnace, get it inspected once a year to make sure it is working to safety standards.
- Smoking in Bedrooms - Bedrooms are best to be kept off limits for smoking. A cigarette that is not put out properly can cause a flame, as the butt may stay lit for a few hours. It could burst into flames if it encounters flammable materials, such as furniture, blankets or rugs. Fires started in the bedroom or lounge make up 73% of all house fire fatalities.
- Candles - Candles may look and smell pretty, but if left unattended they can cause a room to easily burst into flames. Make sure to keep candles away from any flammable items such as books, curtains and tissue boxes. Remember to always blow a candle out before leaving a room.
- Electrical Equipment - An electrical appliance can start a fire if it is faulty or has a frayed cord. A power point that is overloaded with double adapter plugs can cause a fire from being over crowded. A power point extension cord can also be a fire hazard if not used appropriately.
- Faulty Wiring - Homes with inadequate wiring can cause fires from electrical hazards. Some signs to see if you have bad wiring are: lights dim if you use another appliance; for an appliance to work, you must disconnect another; fuses blow or trip the circuit frequently. A lot of older homes also have aluminum wiring which has been known to cause electrical fires.
- Barbeques - Barbeques are great for an outdoor meal, but should always be used away from the home, tablecloths or any plants and tree branches. Keep BBQs regularly maintained and cleaned with soapy water and clean any removable parts. Check the gas bottle for any leaks before you use it each time.
- Flammable Liquids - If you have any flammable liquids in the home or garage such as petrol, kerosene or methylated spirits, keep them away from heat sources and check the label before storing.
- Cooking Equipment - Pots and pans can overheat and cause a fire very easily if the person cooking gets distracted and leaves cooking unattended. Always stay in the room, or ask someone to watch your food, when cooking on hotplates.
- Lighting - Lamp shades and light fittings can build up heat if they are very close to light globes. Lamp bases can become a hazard if they are able to be knocked over easily, and should be removed if they are. Check that downlights are insulated from wood paneling or ceiling timbers.
- Curious Children - Kids can cause a fire out of curiosity, to see what would happen if they set fire to an object. Keep any matches or lighters out of reach of children, to avoid any curiosity turned disaster.
If your Palm Desert home has suffered from fire damage, give us a call to help with the clean up and restoration. We'll make it "Like it never even happened."