Fire Safety Tips For Pet Owners
The family pet is just as important as any other family member that lives in your home. You want them to be safe in any situation, just like everyone else.
Here are some steps that you can do to help keep our fur babies safe in the event of a fire:
- Check your smoke detectors regularly. Make sure they are installed correctly and that they have working batteries.
- Do not leave your pet(s) unattended with a lit fire or candles.
- Keep updated tags with your contact information on your pet(s). If your pet is chipped, make sure your information is current.
- Place a decal in your front window listing your pet(s), so first responders can assist in locating your pet(s).
- Have an evacuation plan and practice it. This way all family members know what is expected of them.
- If you are in an evacuation area, have a bin ready with supplies such as bowls, water, food, medication, leashes, litter boxes, etc. This will make the evacuation processes smoother with your pet(s).
- Make a list of hotels in the area that are okay with having your fur babies in the room with you. This will make things easier for you in case you can not go back to your home right away.
If you experience a fire in your home, SERVPRO of Palm Desert can help restore your house to the way it originally was. Give us a call 24/7 at (760) 346-7270!