Fire Safety Tips
For most people, homes are one-time assets, containing their most precious belongings. A home is the most important thing you own. It is prudent to ensure the security of your home and family from destructive elements such as fire.
Many homes are destroyed due to fires. Fires may occur due to accidents through carelessness or negligence. It is therefore essential to know of ways and means to keep your house safe from fires.
Follow these top 10 fire safety tips;
- Fit a smoke alarm and check it regularly.
- Make a fire action plan so that everyone in your house knows how to escape in the event of fire.
- Take care when cooking with hot oil and think about using thermostatically controlled deep fat fryers.
- Never leave lit candles unattended.
- Ensure cigarettes are stubbed out and disposed of carefully.
- Never smoke in bed.
- Keep matches and lighters away from children.
- Keep clothing away from heating appliances.
- Take care in the kitchen! Accidents while cooking account for a large number of fires in the home.
- Take special care when you are tired or when you've been drinking.
Fire damage can be devastating for you and your family. SERVPRO of Palm Desert has the specialized fire and water damage cleanup and restoration training and experience to quickly restore your home. We also have specific training and equipment for odor removal and deep cleaning of upholstery and carpet. Give SERVPRO of Palm Desert a call at (760) 346-7270.